’m working on a English exercise and need support.
Outline Essay 4 Template
Introduction: in 1 or more sentences complete the following
Thesis: Write a full sentence including the following information:
-Your position on the topic, this should be what argument you want to make you created after learning about the topic from research you completed for your subject. What do you want to argue about your topic? What problem or issue about your topic do you want to address and why?
-List of your main supporting points.
- Body Paragraph 1: Background on your topic: Right after your introduction provide any background context on the topic drawn from the chapter articles you read, or other sources, to help your argument be more accessible. Cite any quotes you use.
- Body Paragraph format: State your topic for paragraph 1 in a phrase (3 or more words).
-Using phrases state briefly what you will cover in this paragraph.
-Any quotes you want to use here or in following sections of your outlines, follow this format:
- Set Up Quote (Why is the source reliable?)
- Quote or Paraphrase. Use MLA Citation Rules. (Author Last Name, Pg #) OR (Webaddress) if electronic source.
- 2 to 3 phrases on how and why the quote or paraphrase supports your thesis.
- Follow the same pattern in step 2 for each of your body paragraphs for your essay. You don’t have to have a quote in every paragraph only where you think it will best fit in your essay.
- If you disagree with any opposing views on your subject, state at least one counter argument. How do you refute it?
Remember to devote some paragraphs to your own original thoughts on the topic. State what you think about the subject and the proposal you have made based on it?
For your proposal make sure to explain how it will work, how it ties to your thesis, and how it will reduce or solve some part of your topic. Your essay should be mostly about your proposal, and any background information you include is to help your audience better understand the subject or the proposal.
7. Conclusion: State why agreeing with your topic is important to the audience.