Need help with my Health & Medical question – I’m studying for my class.
- Due Wednesday by 11:59pm
- Points 100
- Submitting a text entry box or a file upload
- Available until Feb 11 at 11:59pm
This is the dropbox for the Research Literature Search assignment (use the template provided to submit this assignment) and 5 full research articles.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
To acquaint students with computer technology and searching techniques related to nursing research questions. The assignment counts for 15% of the course grade.
- Construct a researchable clinical question or problem.
- Identify nursing research articles related to a clinical problem or question using CINAHL or PubMed.
- Identify different parts of a research article.
- Apply APA 7th ed guidelines when writing the reference list.
HOW TO FULFILL THIS ASSIGNMENT:
Instructions (please read carefully):
To complete the literature search, the student will follow these steps:
- Develop a researchable clinical question related to nursing that interests you.
- Conduct a computer literature search, using CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) or PubMed. Limit your advanced search to “research,” within 5 years, and “nursing” as the journal subset. Articles classified as “biomedical” do not meet these criteria. Use full articles. Do not use published abstracts.
- Identify five journal articles classified as research from nursing journals that answer the question or provide information about the question you identified. Articles should be published within the past 5 years. All must be full-text articles since you will be submitting them to the assignment dropbox.
- Analyze each article and use the information to complete this assignment Minimize File Preview.
- Use this assignment for submission.
- Follow the specific guidelines listed below
–Citations must be listed in the 7th edition APA format.
–State whether qualitative or quantitative and the specific design. In addition to single studies, you may use articles that are systematic reviews, meta-analyses or meta-syntheses. –List the purpose of the study that is described in the article.
–Describe the type of sample, number, and description including inclusion & exclusion criteria.
– List the instruments used and how data were collected.
–List the main results or conclusions of the study.
6. Submit the 5 research studies you selected as full-text articles in the drop box.
Evaluation of the assignment will be based on the grading form found on the template. Students should consult these guidelines before completing the assignment.
Papers must be received on the due date for full credit. Late assignments within 24 hrs after the due date will receive a 50% reduction. After 24 hrs. no late assignments are considered.
Literature Search Rubric
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem statement/PICOTThe problem stated is researchable and significant in nursing.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeArticle #1Reference list in APA 7th Ed. format and within 5 years.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeArticle # 2Reference list in APA 7th Ed. format and within 5 years.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeArticle #3Reference list in APA 7th Ed. format and within 5 years.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeArticle #4Reference list in APA 7th Ed. format and within 5 years.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeArticle #5Reference list in APA 7th Ed. format and within 5 years.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAnalysis of the Article(s)1. Research Design (Qualitative or Quantitative AND Specific Design)
2. What is the purpose of the study?
3. Describe the type of sample, number, and description including inclusion & exclusion criteria.
4. In the measurement column, list the instruments used and how data were collected.
5. List the main results or conclusions of the study.
5. Submit a copy of the article.