For the Midterm Paper, you will choose four (4) of the six (6) Wonders of the Ancient World (excluding the Great Pyramid of Egypt which we covered in class) and report on them in a formal research paper. Be as thorough as possible.
When conducting your research and writing your paper, you should answer the following questions in as much detail as possible:
- What is it?
- Who commissioned/created it?
- How was it built?
- Where was it located?
- When was it constructed?
- Why was it considered one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World?
- What happened to it?
- Organize this material into a 4 page formal research paper.
- It should be double-spaced with a 1” margin and type size should not exceed 12 pts.
- Art History, as a discipline, utilizes the MLA style.
- Please use at least two book and unlimited internet resources. Make sure to gather your resources early as we don’t have a lot of information on the Wonders since only one remains – you may have to use an interlibrary loan at your local library. Don’t forget about unconventional sources like children’s books for great illustrations of what these wonders may have looked like, journals, magazines, periodicals, websites, and even videos.
- Always cite your sources!
- Please read the document, “Important-Tips to Avoid Plagiarism” located in the Content section.
- Please note: Wikipedia and other “Wiki-” websites are not acceptable sources of information for any assignment in this class.
- Remember to proofread!