1. Which of the following is true of survival statutes?
A. It preserves the right to bring a lawsuit for personal injuries, no matter what caused the death(s).
B. It can only be brought by family members who have lost the support of the deceased.
C. It allows suits to be brought for libel after the death of a defamed person.
D. It preserves the right to bring a lawsuit only if the death is caused by negligence of the defendant.
2. Stanley falls into the low-income group. Which of the following healthcare plans can Stanley opt for?
D. Long-term care insurance
3. Joseph owes $15,000 to Carmel Enterprises, $8,500 to Vulcan Co., $11,000 to David, and $11,500 to Sigma Enterprises. He has not been making payments on these debts for the past 20 months. Which of these creditors can force Joseph into involuntary bankruptcy?
A. Carmel Enterprises and David only
B. Sigma Enterprises, David and Vulcan Co. only
C. Carmel Enterprises, Sigma Enterprises, David, and Vulcan Co.
D. Carmel Enterprises only
4. The Daubert case involved juriscience, the intersection of law and science, to help the court determine a question of real or
A. causation in fact.
B. vicarious liability.
D. proximate cause.
5. Sally and Ethel have a falling out. Sally, to cause distress to Ethel and her husband Elmer, posts on the Internet that Elmer is having an affair with a college student, even though Sally knows that what she is saying isn’t true. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Ethel has a claim for defamation against Sally.
B. Sally has a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
C. Sally has a claim for defamation against Ethel.