Complete the VARK Questionnaire (link provided below) to determine your preferred learning style.
- Begin your assignment by identifying your learning style(s).
- Using your preferred VARK learning style (Visual, Aural, Read/Write, Kinesthetic), describe the strategies you will use to assist you in learning the content for the classes in the scenarios listed below. For each scenario, write 2-3 sentences describing strategies you would use to overcome the learning obstacles presented in the scenarios. Be sure to answer the questions based upon YOUR learning style(s).
- Example: “If my English professor lectures as his primary teaching style, I would…”
- Your English professor lectures as his primary teaching style.
- Your History professor likes to tell stories to the class, but she does not spend much class time on the class material.
- On the first day of school, your Math professor tells you that 50% of the students in this class will drop it by the third week of school. She is cold, distant, and unapproachable.
- Your Biology professor covers many terms in class you do not know. You feel lost most of the time.
- Your professor presents many complicated graphs and diagrams during class, and he does not spend enough time explaining them.
- Your computer professor uses PowerPoint during lectures, but he clicks the slides too fast for you to keep up. When you ask him to go back to a particular slide, he frowns with displeasure.