Some organizations have gone as far as inserting radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips into their employees to control their access into secure areas and to monitor their movement and location.
- Research and discuss where RFID tags have been used for security measures.
- Discuss your feelings on how these devices are being used.
- Be sure that you fully explain your viewpoint and justify your response.
As the popularity and use of RFID tags increase, the concern about these devices also continues to grow.
- Research and discuss a company that currently uses RFID tags.
- Explain how they are being used.
- Discuss your feelings on the security concerns that have arisen from the use of these devices.
As a newly appointed network administrator, you have been requested to provide a presentation that will be shown to all employees to stress the importance of securing the organization’s data against external threats.
Using the library, the Internet, and other materials, prepare a PowerPoint presentation that outlines the following items:
- Slide 1: Title slide
- Slide 2: Presentation overview
- Slides 3–4:
- Identify and outline the function of digital certificates.
- Slides 5–6:
- Explain the concepts of encrypting data and securing e-mail transmissions.
- Slides 7–8:
- Explain what is meant by social engineering and the methods that must be taken to secure against these types of attempted attacks.
- Slides 9–10:
Proper presentation design techniques must be used, as well as notes on each slide to expand on what will be covered during the live presentation. Use proper APA format to cite your sources.