Course Project Overview: Program to Address Diabetes
The course project is a cumulative project that spans the five weeks of this course. You will get hands-on experience of activities that are directly related to real-world job profiles.
For this assignment, you will assume that you are a staff member at a county health department. There is a lot of discussion about the growing prevalence of diabetes in your county. The department’s senior staff members are considering a new program that will address the growing rate of diabetes.
You have been asked to develop a 10- to 15-page concept paper for the program, which will include an executive summary, needs statement, program description, marketing plan, staffing plan, and budget. This concept paper is due to be reviewed by senior management in five weeks.
Through the course, you will complete the following:
- In Week 1, you will describe the goals and objectives of the program and identify the right division or department that will implement the program.
- In Week 2, you will provide factual information required to understand the problem.
- In Week 3, you will outline a marketing plan and staffing plan for the new department.
- Finally, in Week 5, you will develop a proposed budget for the first year of the program, and make necessary revisions and complete and submit your final concept paper for the course project.
Part 1—Goal and Purpose of Program
This week, you will describe the program and identify the right division for the program.
In a Microsoft Word document, create a 2- to 3-page report covering the following:
- Develop the purpose of your proposed program to address the growing rate of diabetes. Be sure to develop a purpose that is consistent with one of the core functions of public health and includes at least one of the ten essential functions of public health.
- Develop at least two, and no more than five, key objectives of the program. The objectives should be measureable and time bound.
- Describe the key components or activities of your proposed program; for example, health education materials or screening.
- Identify the division or department that should house the new program. Justify your choice.
- Explain the proposed services of the new program.
- Support your responses with appropriate research, scholarly references, and specific examples.
- Cite all sources in APA format. Please include in-text citations, an introduction, a conclusion, references including where the sources were retrieved from.